Intyalheme builds on the existing renewables expertise and infrastructure in Alice Springs, collating and curating knowledge for an entire collaborative network. By increasing shared knowledge across the industry, we can more rapidly and efficiently solve the challenge of integrating more renewables into our power systems. Intyalheme also shares knowledge with the community to promote greater understanding and enthusiasm for renewable energy.
Intyalheme’s knowledge sharing activities include:
- Hosting the first Climathon to take place in regional Australia
- Bringing the brightest minds in renewables to Alice Springs for an Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) A‑Lab to develop innovative solutions with national relevance
- Participating in conferences and industry events, including a keynote presentation to Engineers Australia
- Presenting Future Energy Conversations
- Engaging with the community through events such as the Alice Springs Show, NAIDOC Week, the DesertSMART EcoFair, the Desert Knowledge Precinct Twilight Festival, October Business Month 2018 and 2019, the World Solar Challenge, and various one-off community events and forums
- Developing the Off-Grid Guide to share knowledge generated during the Bushlight program, and connect industry players
- Leading the multi-stakeholder Alice Springs Future Grid project, which includes CSIRO as both a Consortium Member and Knowledge Sharing Partner. The Future Grid website has been constructed with knowledge sharing as a central theme.